Tips on using the new forum

Having trouble using this website?
Do you have any suggestions on how we can improve things for you?
Have you spotted a mistake or error?
Post your questions or suggestions here. Open to members and non-members.
DD12

Re: Tips on using the new forum

Post by DD12 » 12:20 Tuesday 19th July 2016

NOT the Forum specifically - but I sometimes cannot get website photos on the Home-page to load.
... I get the grey box in the middle of the screen with the message "loading"
but that's as far as it gets.
Today, there's a thumbnail photo of a "glorious-looking" LC7, which will not load.
I use Windows 10, and have not (yet) had any similar problems with any other websites.
This problem MAY have started just before - OR when the old forum broke.

(Sorry to be a nuisance, Adam) :oops:

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 21:53 Tuesday 19th July 2016

This problem has been around a while but got worse at the time of the forum breaking when it went from affecting a few photos to all of them. I was under the impression it had been fixed as I have done a lot of testing on several PCs, Macs, iPads and iPhones and haven't seen the problem again.

Firstly, have you used the "Refresh" button on your browser to make sure you have the latest code powering the page, and not the old version still?

Try that and then wait a few seconds as the LC7 photo is high-resolution and depending on your connection speed may take a few moments to load.

If that doesn't work, what browser are you using? I'll try to recreate the problem here, or failing that I'll come and knock on your door!

DD12

Post by DD12 » 18:14 Wednesday 20th July 2016

AdamH wrote:
21:53 Tuesday 19th July 2016
This problem has been around a while but got worse at the time of the forum breaking when it went from affecting a few photos to all of them. I was under the impression it had been fixed as I have done a lot of testing on several PCs, Macs, iPads and iPhones and haven't seen the problem again.

Firstly, have you used the "Refresh" button on your browser to make sure you have the latest code powering the page, and not the old version still?

Try that and then wait a few seconds as the LC7 photo is high-resolution and depending on your connection speed may take a few moments to load.

If that doesn't work, what browser are you using? I'll try to recreate the problem here, or failing that I'll come and knock on your door!
Thanks Adam, I refreshed the EDGE browser at several points, and that made no difference.
I've now installed CHROME as a second/back-up browser, and the photo of 5783 loads AOK.
IF you need or want to do any tests or trials using my laptop, please PM me, and we'll make arrangements. ;)

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 18:25 Wednesday 20th July 2016

I will experiment with EDGE first and see if it plays up for me...

Meanwhile, I use Chrome so you could say the site is written for that browser. It should be your best bet to ensuring everything works as it should.

Return to “Help, Suggestions & Errors”