Mercedes Citaro's

Vehicle and Fleet discussions for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
willr7

Re: Mercedes Citaro's

Post by willr7 » 07:47 Friday 22nd June 2018

Good thinking, yes I can see one of the plaxton s in red!

MattW

Post by MattW » 18:00 Friday 22nd June 2018

Rich82 wrote:
23:26 Thursday 21st June 2018
willr7 wrote:
22:22 Thursday 21st June 2018
As the heritage Enviro will be replaced, how bout having one of the Mercedes in the heritage livery? ;) (However, I don’t think it would suit one of these buses myself)

I agree on that that done think it would on the Mercedes but maybe on the Plaxtons
66691 ;)

TimBrown

Post by TimBrown » 18:24 Friday 22nd June 2018

willr7 wrote:
22:22 Thursday 21st June 2018
As the heritage Enviro will be replaced, how bout having one of the Mercedes in the heritage livery? ;) (However, I don’t think it would suit one of these buses myself)
Found this on the internet, and reckon a Citaro looks quite well in red! However, red seems to look good on most modern buses.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File ... y_2009.JPG

jagz232

Post by jagz232 » 19:57 Friday 22nd June 2018

Personally speaking I think it should be one of the 63*** Streetlites as most have been Worcester buses all their life apart from the mix up when some went to Leicester as much as it would be good seeing a thorntorns brand new refurbished citaro or a Barbie 3 Paxton which yes I agree needs a repaint however they are old veolia buses and the citaro have been all over the South I just thinking we want to commemorate Midland red we need a always Worcester bus which got me thinking how about 63358 as it will need a refurb/repaint anyway after the crash on the cross and it is still in store.. makes sence to me.. don't know about others ;)

TimBrown

Post by TimBrown » 08:34 Saturday 23rd June 2018

jagz232 wrote:
19:57 Friday 22nd June 2018
Personally speaking I think it should be one of the 63*** Streetlites as most have been Worcester buses all their life apart from the mix up when some went to Leicester as much as it would be good seeing a thorntorns brand new refurbished citaro or a Barbie 3 Paxton which yes I agree needs a repaint however they are old veolia buses and the citaro have been all over the South I just thinking we want to commemorate Midland red we need a always Worcester bus which got me thinking how about 63358 as it will need a refurb/repaint anyway after the crash on the cross and it is still in store.. makes sence to me.. don't know about others ;)
A Streetlite looks better than I thought in this link, but bear in mind these buses are not very popular with passengers and drivers due to their snatching, jerky nature;
https://southernenglandbus.smugmug.com/ ... -4VgxqFP/A

Return to “Fleet Discussion”