The Tracker

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
DD12

The Tracker

Post by DD12 » 15:13 Tuesday 15th September 2020

Currently, the tracker is now showing the off-service journeys, and some times along these routes -- usually with the next intended service displayed ( - on the tracker).

I find that this adds a lot of interest, - especially for my interest in the way double-deckers are being used --

for example, - this week one is being inter-worked on the S5 and 144, and has just come from the Bromsgrove area, and down the M5 , ready to do the S5 again !

-- it should also help a keen enthusiast to construct a current "bus graph", but I won't try as this damned pandemic looks likely to cause more changes yet !!

:)

DD12

Re: The Tracker

Post by DD12 » 10:49 Thursday 24th September 2020

https://bustimes.org/vehicles/35559#journeys/75733429

Another example highlighted by the tracker is this use of 33405 --

after arriving at the Sixth Form College on the S23, it went via the A4440 Southern Link Road to Malvern to input onto the 44.

I'm a big fan of this kind of planning -- utilising vehicles after schools to input onto public services, -- supporting the timetabled frequency, - especially when the other vehicles on that route may well be bunched-up in Worcester's traffic jams ( - tidal flows into Worcester in the AM rush hour, and out of Worcester in the PM rush hour).
:)

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”