October changes

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
bmmoboy
Posts: 205
Joined: 20:02 Tuesday 5th July 2016

October changes

Post by bmmoboy » 19:56 Wednesday 4th September 2019

Just published on the First website are details about the forthcoming October changes.
In brief the changes are:
30 first and last services withdrawn
31 first and last services withdrawn, no Sunday service
32 reduced to 20 minute headway during the day, with only morning and evening peaks continuing to Baynhall
33 Service withdrawn completely
34 Now a 20 minute headway (I have been told there is a slight route alteration
35 a couple of evening services withdrawn
36 No change
37 No Saturday service, Monday to Friday service being monitored as there are insufficient passengers to guarantee the futurt of service
38 No Sunday service, 20 minute headway, alterations to evening peak times
44 Runs between Worcester and Malvern only
45 New service, normally 30 minute headway, Crowngate to Red Hill/County Hall
51, 52, 53, 54 Some journies withdrawn
363 and 420 These services are currently undergoing negotiations with the County Council

DD12
Posts: 1071
Joined: 19:49 Monday 4th July 2016

Re: October changes

Post by DD12 » 21:29 Wednesday 4th September 2019

Plenty to chat about above !! ( -- and cry about ! ).

When one remembers just how much the local population has grown, and the population density has increased, (in any given number of years), it is a political disaster that bus services are still in decline, and towns and cities are "choking to death" !!
:cry:

DD12
Posts: 1071
Joined: 19:49 Monday 4th July 2016

Re: October changes

Post by DD12 » 21:56 Wednesday 4th September 2019

One thing I've spotted that's interesting (to me) is the new WR area route map shows the 417 via Bransford Road, and a 418 via Bromyard Road !

User avatar
marck
Posts: 71
Joined: 20:51 Tuesday 5th July 2016
Location: Northwick

Re: October changes

Post by marck » 22:10 Wednesday 4th September 2019

The example of the 37 is easy to understand because not enough people are using them - the reason- look at peak time services, a reduction in service! No wonder no one wants to use them!

TimBrown
Posts: 561
Joined: 05:59 Monday 4th July 2016
Location: Worcester

Re: October changes

Post by TimBrown » 08:39 Thursday 5th September 2019

bmmoboy wrote:
19:56 Wednesday 4th September 2019
Just published on the First website are details about the forthcoming October changes.
In brief the changes are:
30 first and last services withdrawn
31 first and last services withdrawn, no Sunday service
32 reduced to 20 minute headway during the day, with only morning and evening peaks continuing to Baynhall
33 Service withdrawn completely
34 Now a 20 minute headway (I have been told there is a slight route alteration
35 a couple of evening services withdrawn
36 No change
37 No Saturday service, Monday to Friday service being monitored as there are insufficient passengers to guarantee the futurt of service
38 No Sunday service, 20 minute headway, alterations to evening peak times
44 Runs between Worcester and Malvern only
45 New service, normally 30 minute headway, Crowngate to Red Hill/County Hall
51, 52, 53, 54 Some journies withdrawn
363 and 420 These services are currently undergoing negotiations with the County Council
FXXXING CHARMING; CONGRATULATIONS FIRST BUS FOR MAKING BEVERE AND WORCESTER A CLEANER, GREENER ENVIRONMENT GETTING PEOPLE OUT OF THEIR CARS AND ON TO PUBLIC TRANSPORT!

JUST TO ADD FURTHER MISERY TO THIS SICK JOKE PLEASE SEE ATTACHED ARTICLE FROM DAILY MAIL TODAY;
Sajid Javid's bus splurge 001.jpg

DD12
Posts: 1071
Joined: 19:49 Monday 4th July 2016

Re: October changes

Post by DD12 » 10:25 Thursday 5th September 2019

The detailed timetables are now on First's website (except the 363 / 420).

DD12
Posts: 1071
Joined: 19:49 Monday 4th July 2016

Re: October changes

Post by DD12 » 20:53 Thursday 5th September 2019

Another thing I've spotted is the S23 AM timetable from mid October no longer shows the "Only When Required" extra from Droitwich.
In recent years the AM S23, has usually used 2 single-deckers, - so I hope this means a (extra) Double Decker will be used instead. ( :D )

TimBrown
Posts: 561
Joined: 05:59 Monday 4th July 2016
Location: Worcester

Re: October changes

Post by TimBrown » 10:55 Friday 6th September 2019

DD12 wrote:
10:25 Thursday 5th September 2019
The detailed timetables are now on First's website (except the 363 / 420).
Here is the link detailing the cuts;

https://www.firstgroup.com/worcestershi ... tober-2019

bmmoboy
Posts: 205
Joined: 20:02 Tuesday 5th July 2016

Re: October changes

Post by bmmoboy » 17:02 Friday 6th September 2019

The Staff Manager said today that whilst most of the changes were taking place, there are some that are not "set in stone" and some of the changes might not take place, but that is a big might.

DD12
Posts: 1071
Joined: 19:49 Monday 4th July 2016

Re: October changes

Post by DD12 » 21:00 Friday 6th September 2019

TimBrown wrote:
10:55 Friday 6th September 2019
DD12 wrote:
10:25 Thursday 5th September 2019
The detailed timetables are now on First's website (except the 363 / 420).
Here is the link detailing the cuts;

https://www.firstgroup.com/worcestershi ... tober-2019
TIM -- -- an opportunity for Diamond ??

-- Ombersley Road -- London Road -- Norton Parkway -- Pershore ??

Post Reply

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests