PEZ 3058 still at work in Bromsgrove 11 January 2018

Vehicle and Fleet discussions for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
bmmoboy
Posts: 260
Joined: 20:02 Tuesday 5th July 2016

Re: PEZ 3058 still at work in Bromsgrove 11 January 2018

Post by bmmoboy » 15:55 Wednesday 3rd April 2019

And again today, Wed

User avatar
AdamH
Posts: 1721
Joined: 12:17 Sunday 3rd July 2016
Location: Worcester
Contact:

Re: PEZ 3058 still at work in Bromsgrove 11 January 2018

Post by AdamH » 10:07 Tuesday 9th April 2019

Spotted by an ex forum member last night heading east towards Cambridge... Maybe to Felixstowe for export?

ANDREW
Posts: 348
Joined: 00:38 Monday 4th July 2016
Location: Bromsgrove.

Re: PEZ 3058 still at work in Bromsgrove 11 January 2018

Post by ANDREW » 10:51 Tuesday 9th April 2019

Re-clicked the E-bay link and it appears to be withdrawn from sale on Friday the fifth. [With very little interest shown]. :?

TimBrown
Posts: 671
Joined: 05:59 Monday 4th July 2016
Location: Worcester

Re: PEZ 3058 still at work in Bromsgrove 11 January 2018

Post by TimBrown » 08:29 Monday 1st July 2019

Looking through my photographs I came across this shot taken in Bromsgrove in July 2008.
Wonder where this bus is now?
29 July 2008 Bromsgrove IMG_0974.JPG

User avatar
AdamH
Posts: 1721
Joined: 12:17 Sunday 3rd July 2016
Location: Worcester
Contact:

Re: PEZ 3058 still at work in Bromsgrove 11 January 2018

Post by AdamH » 10:13 Monday 1st July 2019

Not seen it reported anywhere, so I think my guess in April about it being exported may have been correct.

You will be pleased to know that on my visit to Hay on Wye a few weeks ago I saw 506 was still being used in service, so there is still at least one survivor.

TimBrown
Posts: 671
Joined: 05:59 Monday 4th July 2016
Location: Worcester

Re: PEZ 3058 still at work in Bromsgrove 11 January 2018

Post by TimBrown » 15:07 Monday 23rd March 2020

AdamH wrote:
10:13 Monday 1st July 2019
Not seen it reported anywhere, so I think my guess in April about it being exported may have been correct.
This month's PSV Circle newsletter gives the disposal of PEZ 3058 (ex S546 RWP) to a Mr Welham of Thetford, Norfolk 04/19. This gentleman is not a bus or coach operator and final destination not yet given.

Whatever, this bus had a 20 year long career working stage carriage services - having driven these Mercedes Benz buses I am surprised it lasted so long as the Plaxton bodies were not exactly well put together!

Tom
Posts: 9
Joined: 21:34 Tuesday 5th July 2016

Re: PEZ 3058 still at work in Bromsgrove 11 January 2018

Post by Tom » 02:09 Friday 27th March 2020

TimBrown wrote:
15:07 Monday 23rd March 2020
AdamH wrote:
10:13 Monday 1st July 2019
Not seen it reported anywhere, so I think my guess in April about it being exported may have been correct.
This month's PSV Circle newsletter gives the disposal of PEZ 3058 (ex S546 RWP) to a Mr Welham of Thetford, Norfolk 04/19. This gentleman is not a bus or coach operator and final destination not yet given.

Whatever, this bus had a 20 year long career working stage carriage services - having driven these Mercedes Benz buses I am surprised it lasted so long as the Plaxton bodies were not exactly well put together!
I believe it's since been sold on Ebay

TimBrown
Posts: 671
Joined: 05:59 Monday 4th July 2016
Location: Worcester

Re: PEZ 3058 still at work in Bromsgrove 11 January 2018

Post by TimBrown » 04:58 Friday 27th March 2020

Tom wrote:
02:09 Friday 27th March 2020
TimBrown wrote:
15:07 Monday 23rd March 2020

This month's PSV Circle newsletter gives the disposal of PEZ 3058 (ex S546 RWP) to a Mr Welham of Thetford, Norfolk 04/19. This gentleman is not a bus or coach operator and final destination not yet given.

Whatever, this bus had a 20 year long career working stage carriage services - having driven these Mercedes Benz buses I am surprised it lasted so long as the Plaxton bodies were not exactly well put together!
I believe it's since been sold on Ebay
Thanks for the information, assuming it hasn't gone for scrap and spare parts, I wonder what the bus is used for now?

Post Reply

Return to “Fleet Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest