New round of disposals and transfers-out.

Vehicle and Fleet discussions for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
Rich82
Posts: 83
Joined: 19:03 Sunday 3rd July 2016

Re: New round of disposals and transfers-out.

Post by Rich82 » 05:45 Wednesday 6th February 2019

https://flic.kr/p/QQTKQP 67664 seen in Hanley Repainted although not very clean at all

bringstybeast
Posts: 28
Joined: 18:17 Saturday 9th July 2016

Re: New round of disposals and transfers-out.

Post by bringstybeast » 10:27 Wednesday 6th February 2019

Rich82 wrote:
05:45 Wednesday 6th February 2019
https://flic.kr/p/QQTKQP 67664 seen in Hanley Repainted although not very clean at all
Surely they’ve not put the fares up already! (Or should that read from £0?)

DD12
Posts: 999
Joined: 19:49 Monday 4th July 2016

Re: New round of disposals and transfers-out.

Post by DD12 » 14:43 Wednesday 6th February 2019

I've seen 33043 parked on the patch a few times in the last "7 days", and now it's parked alongside the withdrawn single-deckers, so I guess it's time has come.

As all 7 of the remaining older DDs are allocated to services needing DDs, early mornings, I hope that it will be possible to dispatch up to four StreetDecks for these DD services when up to 4 of the older DDs are "unavailable" !

(IE:- instead of the Malvern services, which would then need up to 4 spare single-deckers !! )

TimBrown
Posts: 502
Joined: 05:59 Monday 4th July 2016
Location: Worcester

Re: New round of disposals and transfers-out.

Post by TimBrown » 14:56 Wednesday 6th February 2019

DD12 wrote:
14:43 Wednesday 6th February 2019
I've seen 33043 parked on the patch a few times in the last "7 days", and now it's parked alongside the withdrawn single-deckers, so I guess it's time has come.

As all 7 of the remaining older DDs are allocated to services needing DDs, early mornings, I hope that it will be possible to dispatch up to four StreetDecks for these DD services when up to 4 of the older DDs are "unavailable" !

(IE:- instead of the Malvern services, which would then need up to 4 spare single-deckers !! )
33043 was working past my house at 07.50 this morning on the school 32S, so it lives to fight another day!

User avatar
marck
Posts: 59
Joined: 20:51 Tuesday 5th July 2016
Location: Northwick

Re: New round of disposals and transfers-out.

Post by marck » 16:15 Wednesday 6th February 2019

33043 was working past my house at 07.50 this morning on the school 32S, so it lives to fight another day!
33403 was working the 32S this afternoon so may not have survived the day!

DD12
Posts: 999
Joined: 19:49 Monday 4th July 2016

Re: New round of disposals and transfers-out.

Post by DD12 » 17:51 Wednesday 6th February 2019

TimBrown wrote:
14:56 Wednesday 6th February 2019
33043 was working past my house at 07.50 this morning on the school 32S, so it lives to fight another day!
LOL !! -- thanks Tim ! -- -- Great game this !! -- -- If we keep on reporting it's demise, it might still be in service in the summer (2020) !!

..... And thanks Marck; - 33043 was still where I reported it above, - at c.16.50, but thanks to Tim, I wont be surprised to see it in service tomorrow !

User avatar
AdamH
Posts: 1600
Joined: 12:17 Sunday 3rd July 2016
Location: Worcester
Contact:

Re: New round of disposals and transfers-out.

Post by AdamH » 16:10 Wednesday 3rd April 2019

Rumours are that the three Darts that are withdrawn at Worcester depot will soon be reinstated to replace the three Enviro200s, which have found a new home.

DD12
Posts: 999
Joined: 19:49 Monday 4th July 2016

Re: New round of disposals and transfers-out.

Post by DD12 » 20:13 Wednesday 3rd April 2019

AdamH wrote:
16:10 Wednesday 3rd April 2019
Rumours are that the three Darts that are withdrawn at Worcester depot will soon be reinstated to replace the three Enviro200s, which have found a new home.
Thanks Adam ! -- -- That's good (if it happens) -- I've never liked the E200s, complete with their grubby grey livery.

Maybe the Darts will get repainted.

bmmoboy
Posts: 183
Joined: 20:02 Tuesday 5th July 2016

Re: New round of disposals and transfers-out.

Post by bmmoboy » 20:50 Thursday 4th April 2019

The E200s are fantastic machines, I had 44514 on a Catshill on Tuesday, and on the return, I was waiting at the lights at the M5 junction in the left hand lane, there were three cars in the right hand lane waiting to overtake me, the lights changed and I put my foot down, the first car made it past me, but the other two didn't, such is the acceleration of E200s. I do like the Darts and hope they are to be returned to service. I heard that First were hoping to get the 145 from Droitwich to Longbridge following the demise of IGO using the Darts, but at the moment Diamond have stepped in, using IGO vehicles.

User avatar
Red Midland
Posts: 46
Joined: 16:43 Sunday 10th July 2016
Location: Worcester

Re: New round of disposals and transfers-out.

Post by Red Midland » 22:20 Friday 5th April 2019

The Darts had originally been earmarked for transfer to a depot in the Glasgow area but that has since fallen through so they have since been sat all forlorn and disused, much to my dismay, at the bottom of the patch amongst the scrappers.

In the meantime, their work has instead been carried out by either the Enviro200's or short-wheelbase StreetLites. Issues have been raised though, as the fronts of the Enviro200's are susceptible to grounding on certain services operating out of the Ledbury area, particularly whilst negotiating the reverse turn at the Farmer's Arms in Wellington Heath on the 675 service or in using the turning point on the Wells Road in Malvern.

If traversed properly, and from personal experience, such areas were rarely a problem in a Dart and the StreetLites have a ferry lift that can raise the suspension to help traverse rough patches of road.

It was therefore suggested if the Darts could therefore be retained in lieu of the Enviro200's and the decision has since been universally agreed upon for 44511/4-5 to be transferred to Adderley Green and 42892-4 be reinstated at Worcester. As for the sort of time frame we'd be looking at before seeing them back on the road I can't be too sure of at the moment.

Now if only we could sneak up some of the other StreetLites and have some Enviro300's returned in their place... ;)

Post Reply

Return to “Fleet Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest